This section will house nonfiction and informational documents by myself and
others that I feel are important.
- This is a link to a document at NCSA.UIUC.EDU which is an indexed list of
HTML commands. It is farily easy to read and understand. Read it to learn
how to make your own HTML documents, like this one.
- Willamette.CS453 Archives
- The ever-popular Willamette.CS453 archives! Perhaps the most talked-about
newsgroup in the history of Willamette, except for
Alt.Willamette.Religion.Tiltology, of course. Great reading.
- "Two Treaties"
- An essay comparing the Treaty of Versailles to the Treaty of Vienna (world
- "Absolutism in the 17th Century"
- An essay comparing the various absolute monarchs of Europe in the 17th
century (world history).
- "Alone Together"
- An attempt at deconstructionist criticizm of Kate Chopin's novel "The
- "The Times are Changing"
- An examination of the changes in humanity's world view between the 17th
and 19th centuries (world history).
- "When is a Quarterback like a
- An essay comparing and contrasting the California highway system to a
- "The European Economic Community, Past and
- A research paper describing the history and current state of the EEC
- "An Examination of Congruity in 'The
- An essay examining the congruity (or lack thereof)
of one of Charlie Chaplin's best films, "The Gold Rush" (film history).
- "A Comparison of Structure Between a
Musical Motion Picture and an Action Film"
- Comparing the structure (introduction, climax, etc.) and methodology of
expression between musicals ("Swing Time") and action films ("Robocop") (film
- "The Liberal Consensus and the Throwaway
- An essay describing why the liberal consensus of the 1950's-1970's helped
turn America into a "throwaway society" (American history).
- "Possible Effects of the North American
Free Trade Agreement on the Economies of the United States, Mexico, and
- A research paper done before NAFTA was passed by the US Congress
describing possible effects that it (NAFTA) would have on the economies being
affected (world history, economics).
- "The Panama Canal : A Brief History"
- A research paper describing the history of the construction of the Panama
Canal (world history).
- "What Is and Isn't Recyclable in
- A comprehensive list of recycling and recyclables for Salemites.
- "Senior Will"
- My senior will when I graduated from North Salem High School in 1991.
- The Infoduct
- Short essay on why the "information superhighway" (cringe) should instead be
called the "infoduct".
- The Next Generation Is
- Short essay on why we, the next generation, need to take control and
fix things, because there's nobody else who can do it.